لبنان - بيروت
|تاريخ النشر||٦ نوفمبر ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||لبنان - بيروت|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
|المرتب||2,500 - 3,000 USD per month|
|الخبرة المطلوبة||Minimum of 3 years' experience in MEAL management in a humanitarian, emergency and/or unsecured context|
|المؤهل التعليمي||Master degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences|
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator:
Role And Responsibilities :
Under the supervision of the Deputy of Mission for Programmes (DHoM), and in cooperation with Information
Management Advisor (IMA), technical coordinators and MEAL staff in the operational bases, the MEAL Coordinator will:
- Strategy: Implement a sound and adapted-to-context MEAL strategy and operational guidance, for results oriented and quality programming;
- Oversight: Ensure the mission uses strategic, accurate and consistent data lection for developing evidence based programming;
- Technical support: Provide specific technical support for the conduction of assessments, surveys and ad-hoc data lection and analyses throughout the project and programme cycle management;
- 4Capacity building: Sensitize and build the capacity of staff for an enhanced transparency, accountability and learning mind set in the mission and in the framework of a continuous capitalization and learning approach.
- External Representation: Coordinates the MEAL representation of PU-AMI among external stakeholders.
Specific Objective And Ed Activities
1. Lead the implementation of a sound and adapted-to-context MEAL strategy and operational guidance based on the mission strategic plan, for results oriented and quality programming
- Ensure the implementation and updating of the MEAL strategy at mission level, MEAL plans for each sector, and MEAL action plans at base level;
- Prepare results frameworks, performance monitoring and evaluation plans for new projects and/or grant proposals, including the harmonization/standardization of indicators, data lection methodologies, timelines, measurement tools, analysis and reporting protocols, products and expected delivery;
- In laboration with the Grants and Communications Manager and relevant project and/or technical staff, contributing to grant proposals and donor report writing and reviewing for all information related to MEAL in order to ensure that proposals, reports and any other project documents capture progress, effectiveness, and impact of activities;
- Develop grant-specific indicators, as well as internal indicators for each sector, in laboration with technical coordinators and MEAL staff located in the operational bases;
- Support technical coordinators in the development of logical frameworks, relevant key performance indicators, and accurate monitoring mechanisms necessary to ensure sound logic of interventions and to inform on the impact of activities;
- Ensure that results of report reviews and other donor feedback is constructively fed back to project teams;
- In coordination with the DHoM, conduct periodical program review activities and lessons learnt sessions, to evaluate progress towards project goals and outcomes;
- Ensure accountability mechanisms are streamlined at mission level and integrated into the MEAL framework of each grant contract.
- Identify and organize key MEAL staff needed to implement MEAL approaches as presented in proposals to donors;
- Ensure MEAL staff JDs are regularly updated and provide technical support in MEAL recruitment processes
2. Ensure the mission counts with strategic, accurate and consistent data lection for developing evidence based programming, providing specific technical support in data lection and analyses throughout the project and programme cycle management.
- Work closely with the base MEAL teams, technical coordinators, and the IMA to design and implement project monitoring systems and tools, including data lection, aggregation and analysis, giving attention to newly developed Health Information System (HIS).
- Define methodologies for any qualitative and quantitative data lection, such as baselines/endline studies, needs assessments and surveys, providing technical support on sampling methodology, development of questionnaires, and analysis process;
- Develop and/or validate Terms of References (ToRs) for surveys, researches, case studies, lessons learnt, success stories and any other qualitative data lection methods;
- Oversee and ensure quality of data lection, processing, and analysis by systematically supporting the MEAL field teams, including giving attention to health activities;
- Coordinate, review and validate all internal assessments, monitoring and evaluation reports;
- Support external assessments, evaluations and surveys by informing the ToRs, recruitment decisions, methodologies and draft report reviews;
- Ensure MEAL findings are disseminated at base and mission level, promoting experience exchange across the mission and in HQ;
- Lead the process of capitalization, capturing project history, successes, results and/or challenges.
3. Sensitize and build the capacity of staff for enhanced transparency, accountability and learning within the mission, in the framework of a continuous capitalization and learning approach
- Direct management of 1 Information Management Advisor.
- Lead technical development of MEAL capacity building strategies and methodologies;
- Build mission capacity on all MEAL tools, processes, as well as on using analysed data to inform program quality, document lessons learnt and develop projects;
- Keep track of capacity building activities implemented within the MEAL sector and follow-up on the effect of these activities on staff performance;
- Provide continuous technical support and mentorship for technical coordinators and project managers, MEAL managers and officers;
- Provide continuous trainings and workshops based on identified needs and base requirements;
- Conduct periodic field visits to ongoing projects and activities, to support and oversee quality of data lection processes and data management systems;
- Organise and lead project and programme capitalisation activities, and lead/support capitalisation reports;
- Develop and maintain updated SoPs, guidelines and training material; Ensure the integration of lessons learnt into the programme cycle.
- Capitalize upon M&E tools and experiences through periodical MEAL worshops and inter-base exchanges of experience and joint field activities.
4. Coordinates the MEAL representation of PU-AMI among external stakeholders
- Coordinates the MEAL representation of PU-AMI among external stakeholders (especially major partners), donors and different authorities at mission level, in laboration with HOM and DHOM.
- Actively represents the Mission's MEAL strategy and programs to major partners, especially when involved in consortium.
- Actively participates in interagency bodies, such as the M&E Working Group.
- Supports opportunities for laboration with other stakeholders, develops sectorial partnerships, and identifies donor opportunities aligning with the strategy.
- Assists in preparing and managing the donor visits.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project's needs.
Language skills: Excellent command in writing and editing documents in English.
Education degree: Master degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences
Work experience: Minimum of 3 years' experience in MEAL management in a humanitarian, emergency and/or unsecured context
- Strong experience implementing monitoring and evaluation processes and activities, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Knowledge and skills: Strong experience in donor requirements and expectations, particularly MADAD-UE, WFP, AFD and others.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training and mentoring
- Prior knowledge of the country/region an asset;
- Strong computer skills, including ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and database management software, statistical packages
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise the work of a multidisciplinary team;
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation design, applied survey and research;
- Proven capacity for analyzing and synthetizing comprehensive information and technical data;
- Ability to write and edit reports under deadline pressure;
- Ability to guarantee effective and timely outputs;
- Good communications kills for public presentations;
- Ability to work on own initiative and laboratively as part of a diverse team and manage a varied workload;
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Strong commitment to support/develop capacity of national staff and developing second layer of leadership;
- Proven management ability and inter-personal skills; Problem solving and leadership skills