لبنان - بيروت
|تاريخ النشر||٧ نوفمبر ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||لبنان - بيروت|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
|المرتب||2,500 - 3,000 USD per month|
|الخبرة المطلوبة||At least 5 years’ experience leading health programming, especially with reference to public health and Primary Health Care and experience in NGO's|
|المؤهل التعليمي||Medical Doctor or extensive medical/public health/epidemiological experience, Master in Public Health, Master in Business Administration is highly desirable.|
Role and Responsibilities
- Strategy: Working alongside the Coordination team, s/he participates in the design of the PU-AMI country strategy. S/he leads the development of the health strategy component and health-related initiatives. S/he is the health technical focal point at mission level.
- Programme implementation:S/he has overall responsibility for the health program development, implementation and management. S/he ensures that health projects are in line with PU-AMI's health policy and country program strategy and monitorsthem for quality and efficiency.
- Representation, external coordination and partnership:S/herepresents the organization to partners, authorities and local stakeholders involved in implementinghealth-related programmes. Ensures the active participation of PU-AMI in national sectorial working groups and forums, and develops sectorial partnerships aligning with the health strategy.
- Staff technical management, supervision and capacity building: S/he provides technical support to the PU-AMI health teams, provides support to health project managers, supports the recruitment of all health technical staff, identifies capacity building needs and supervises technical training activities based on these needs. S/he is the focal point for local/international health placements during short term missions.
Specific objectives and ed activities
1. OVERSEE STRATEGIC DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MISSION HEALTH STRATEGY
- Be responsible of the overall health program development, implementation and management;
- Work closely with of Mission (HOM), DHOM and Field Coordinators to determine the operational needs of the health program;
- Ensure health programs are implemented according to the mission strategy, work plans and budgets, in addition to meeting indicators and deliverables as per requirements;
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent program implementation strategy in laboration with the Community Health Specialist, Pharmacist Specialist, Medical Specialists and MEAL Coordinator in PU-AMI country office;
- Support the development of action plans, proposals, and budgets for new projects and extensions of projects in conjunction with the senior country management team;
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of activities, determines gaps, needs etc.
- Liaise with the Administrative and Finance Coordinator to ensure health programs align with forecasted expenditures;
- Support annual reflection and strategic development workshops with the mission's health staff as necessary;
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibilities as and when needed.
2. TECHNICAL FOCAL POINT FOR HEALTH PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION
- Overall responsibility for the effective and efficient technical management of project implementation in Lebanon with the project management cycle, program objectives, activities and indicators;
- Provide technical and managerial leadership to PU-AMI health projects in Lebanon, in accordance with best practice and PU-AMI's health policy and intervention health framework;
- Provide technical advice and supportive supervision to PU-AMI's staff working in all health projects (responding in a timely manner to technical questions, analysing problems and identifying solutions);
- Supervise technical quality of health-related activities, including project and site visits, monitoring the quality of care, meeting PU-AMI's medical staff and all the external stakeholders (such as PHCs);
- Ensure tools and practices utilized across the mission are harmonized, capitalized and up to date;
- Support the field teams to ensure robust monitoring systems is in place and that reviews are undertaken periodically;
- Work with the MEAL Coordinator and Information Management Advisor to design and implement reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes of the program as well as analyze trends in the epidemiological data;
- Provide advice to Programs Team for of the utilisation of health information and facilitate the use of data to plan future evidenced-based programming;
- Ensure all reports produced internally and towards donors and partners are matching the expected quality;
- Provide senior management team and the Health Unit/HQ with regular progress reports, particularly in relation to epidemiological data, consumption of medical supplies, and analysis of indicators and results of the mission's health programmes which are regularly monitored with HQ experts.
3. TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP, TEAM MANAGEMENT AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- Direct line management of his/her subordinates (Deputy Health Coordinator, Community Health Specialist, Pharmacist Specialist and Medical Specialists, etc.);
- Serve as technical lead in programing to key base field teams (Field Coordinators, Deputy Field Coordinators, Health Project Managers, Quality Assurance Advisors etc.)
- Ensure timely completion and submission of performance appraisals for his/her team at coordination and into the technical appraisals for the Health PMs in all bases;
- Discuss job expectations, set objectives and provide appropriate and timely feedback regarding performance, including timely implementation of the annual staff performance management system;
- Know and understand PU-AMI Internal Regulations in relation to the mission and ensure these are understood and complied with by the heath team;
- Support the update of health programs personnel job description, and play an active role in recruitment (interviews, technical tests, etc.);
- Introduce coordination mechanisms specific to his/her team and organize team supervision;
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions including staff development plans;
- Clearly define training needs of health staff and ensure they are able to access training and professional development resources appropriate to their skill gaps/needs;
- Assist the bases in drawing up an organization chart for the health teams and have it approved by the HOM and DHOM;
- Participate in defining all health-related positions for the mission (recruitment, training, monitoring, setting objectives, support and assessments for local staff);
- Promote the production (publication) of research documents relating to the mission where appropriate.
4. REPRESENTS PU-AMI TO KEY PLAYERS IN THE HEALTHCARE SECTOR
- Coordinate the health representation of PU-AMI among stakeholders (especially REBAHS consortium partners), donors and different authorities at mission level, in laboration with HOM and DHOM;
- Actively represent the Mission's health strategy and programs to major partners, especially when involved in consortium;
- Actively participate in interagency bodies, such as the Central Health Working Group;
- Identify opportunities for laboration with other stakeholders, develop sectorial partnerships, and identify donor opportunities aligning with the strategy;
- Assist in preparing and managing the donor visits.
5. MONITORS HEALTH CONTEXT AND ENSURES APPROPRIATE MISSION RESPONSE
- Participate in and/or supervise exploratory missions and needs assessments in conjunction with the HOM, DHOM and Field Coordinators;
- Monitor the health context in Lebanon, and appropriately alerts to any changes in health needs or data;
- Monitor health stakeholders and coverage provided by health authorities and NGOs in the country;
- Identify and monitor unmet health needs in the affected areas and explore potential PU-AMI response, in conjunction with the project teams;
- When defining new operations, work with the project teams to prepare and draft project proposals for health-related activities;
- Ensure that PU-AMI health interventions in Lebanon adhere to Ministry of Public Health's policy, WHO's guidance, donor agreements and PU-AMI's core policy documents and guidelines, including the Program Strategy Framework, PU-AMI's Health policies and guidelines;
- Ensure epidemiological data, medical protocols, national health policy and assistance programmes from key players in the healthcare sector (WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, UNAIDS, etc.) for the country are monitored and analyzed in conjunction with the responsible HQ Health Advisor and other experts in HQ.
6. ENSURE LOGISTICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE MONITORING OF HEALTH PROJECTS/ACTIVITES
- Analyze the supply chain process in place for all medical items (equipment, consumables and drugs) and propose specific improvements if needed;
- In laboration with the Logistics Coordinator, contribute to analysing bids made by suppliers for purchases with stringent technical specifications;
- Ensure together with the Pharmacist Specialist that orders for medical equipment, medicines and consumables are appropriate to program requirements and local constraints (country certification, health monitoring, etc.);
- Contribute to gathering information relating to safety in his/her area of operation and disseminate this on a regular basis or ad hoc in the event of an emergency;
- Ensure that the medical teams have access to safety equipment appropriate to their activities (e.g. PEP kits, gloves, etc.);
- Participate, as necessary, in managing medical evacuations in conjunction with the Administrative and Finance Coordinator, of Mission and Office.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project's needs