لبنان - بيروت
|تاريخ النشر||٧ نوفمبر ٢٠١٩|
|المكان||لبنان - بيروت|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
|المرتب||2,500 - 3,000 USD per month|
|الخبرة المطلوبة||o Humanitarian and development experience in different contexts, food security and livelihood technical experience, 5 years progressive experience in both project management and national technical coordinator/advisor positions.|
|المؤهل التعليمي||Master in economics, development studies, international development, management, social sciences|
Role and Responsibilities
· Strategy: Working alongside the Coordination team, s/he participates in the design of the PU-AMI country strategy. S/he leads on the development of the strategy and positioning for the livelihoods sector, proposing innovative and sustainable approaches.
- Identification of needs and ulation of project proposals:Actively participates in the definition and implementation of assessments and participates in the development of proposals (in coordination with the Deputy of Mission (DHOM), other Technical Coordinators and relevant Field Coordinators).
- Representation, external coordination and partnership: Represents the association to partners, authorities, donors and local stakeholders involved in implementing livelihoods programmes. ensures the active participation of PU-AMI in national sectorial working groups and forums, and develops sectorial partnerships aligning with the livelihoods strategy.
- ·programmes implementation: ensures that programme(s) are in line with PU-AMI's livelihoods intervention framework and country strategy and monitors them for efficacy, quality, and cost effectiveness. supports teams in ensuring that logistical and administrative procedures are respected by the livelihoods teams and alerts/relays the gaps to the coordination team. ensures quality reports are submitted to donors.
- monitoring, evaluation and learning: develops qualitative and quantitative data analysis in the livelihoods sector; promotes capitalization on livelihoods research and technical developments in the sector, and ensures that analysis is disseminated to PU-AMI.
- Staff technical management and supervision of consultants/Training and capacity building: Participates in the recruitment and technical management of livelihoods staff. coaches and support field staff and provides guidance in technical aspects of project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning. Provides and supervises technical training activities based on identified needs
Specific objectives and ed activities
1. STRATEGY AND POSITIONING OF THE LIVELIHOODS TECHNICAL SECTOR
- Be responsible of the overall livelihoods program development, implementation and management;
- Work closely with of Mission (HOM), DHOM, Field Coordinators to determine the operational needs of the livelihoods program;
- Ensure livelihoods programs are implemented according to mission strategy, work plans and budgets, in addition to meeting indicators and deliverables as per requirements;
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent program implementation strategy in laboration with the Deputy of Mission (DHOM);
- Support development of action plans, proposals, and budgets for new projects and extensions of projects in conjunction with the senior country management team;
- Conduct regular visits to the field to ensure proper implementation of activities, determines gaps, needs;
- Liaise with the Administrative and Finance Coordinator to ensure livelihoods programs align with forecasted expenditures;
- Support annual reflection and strategic development workshops with the mission's livelihoods staff members as necessary;
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibilities as and when needed.
2. TECHNICAL FOCAL POINT FOR LIVELIHOODS PROGRAMME DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Be responsible of the overall effective and efficient technical management of project implementation in Lebanon with the project management cycle, program objectives, activities and indicators;
- Provide technical leadership to PU-AMI livelihoods projects in Lebanon, in accordance with best practice and PU-AMI's livelihoods policy and intervention framework;
- Provide technical advice and supportive supervision to PU-AMI's staff working in all livelihoods projects (responding in a timely manner to technical questions, analysing problems and identifying solutions);
- When defining new operations, work with the project teams to prepare and draft project proposals for livelihood-related activities;
- Supervise technical quality of livelihoods-related activities, including project and site visits, meeting PU-AMI's livelihoods staff members and all the external stakeholders;
- Ensure tools and practices across utilized in the mission are harmonized, capitalized and up to date;
- Provide advice to programs team for the necessary functioning of livelihoods information and the use of data to plan future evidenced-based programming;
- Ensure all reports produced internally towards donors and partners are matching the expected quality (jointly with coordination and field teams);
- Provide senior management team and the livelihoods unit/HQ with regular progress reports;
- Ensure that livelihoods programmes (objectives, schedules, budgets, reporting, etc.) are properly implemented and report potential issues as appropriate;
- Alert when delays in carrying out livelihoods programmes have been identified and suggest adjustments (in terms of activities, operation area, budget, schedule, etc.);
- Ensure livelihoods information is communicated efficiently between field and coordination teams;
- Participate in coordination meetings and ensure a proper coordination and information sharing with other national level coordinators (health, shelter and protection, logistics, administration, field cos, etc.).
- Encourage coordination between different sectors and departments in the field (operational meetings, functioning reports etc.) and ensure efficient circulation of information between the livelihoods teams and other departments.
3. MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY, LEARNING
- Monitor the context in Lebanon, and appropriately alert to any changes in livelihood sector status or data
- Support efforts towards accountability, specifically to the beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work;
- Lead and ensure an Institutional Knowledge Building strategy for livelihoods interventions and defines, with Coordination team, the relevant documents and tools to be produced;
- Work with the MEAL Coordinator and Information Management Advisor to design and implement a reporting system to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes of the programs;
- Develop qualitative and quantitative data analysis in the livelihoods sector;
- Participate in and/or supervise exploratory missions and needs assessments in conjunction with the HOM, DHOM and Field Coordinators;
- Promote capitalization on livelihoods projects;
- Identify research opportunities and advocates for technical developments in the sector;
- Ensure that PU-AMI livelihoods interventions in Lebanon adhere to Ministry of Labor's public policy, ILO's guidance, donor agreements and PU-AMI's core policy documents and guidelines, including the Program Strategy Framework, PU-AMI's livelihoods policies and guidelines.
4. STAFF MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION OF CONSULTANTS, TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- Provide technical support to direct managers of livelihoods projects at mission level;
- Coach and support field staff and provides guidance in project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning;
- Write and authorize job descriptions before sending to the relevant Field Coordinator, HR Coordinator and/or DHoM;
- Participate in the recruitment of livelihoods teams, and participate in performance management as functional manager;
- Conduct and/or supervise training of livelihoods teams (primarily technical and methodological trainings), participate in the identification of training needs and recommend training action internally or externally;
- Prepare terms of reference for consultancies, supervise consultants, validate reports, and provide feedback on the work accomplished.
5. EXTERNAL ENGAGEMENT, COORDINATION, AND REPRESENTATION WITH OTHER STAKEHOLDERS
- Coordinate the livelihoods representation of PU-AMI among partners, donors and different authorities at mission level, in collaboration with DHOM;
- Participate in interagency working groups, such as Basic Needs Assistance, Food Security, Social Stability and Livelihoods;
- Identify opportunities for laboration with other stakeholders, develops sectorial partnerships, and identify donor opportunities aligning with the strategy.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project's needs.