The accountant will be responsible for performing proper bookkeeping in order to support the effective provision of high-quality accounting services across the business. Qualified candidates will have a solid understanding of accounting practices and principles, excellent communication skills, be an analytical thinker.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process ledger and booking entries according to stated procedures so that all transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Enter receipts into accounting software and update statement of accounts.
- Balance and reconcile accounts to the general ledger, on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Analyze ledgers and accounts to allow reconciliation of financial data.
- Prepare tax filing and declaration: NSSF, tax salaries, VAT and income tax.
- Assist in payroll process and NSSF calculations.
- Follow-up on all overdue accounts.
- Generate basic reports such as P&L, cashflow and balance sheet as per financial calendar and per senior management request.
- Organize and file all accounting documents and related attachments per department guidelines.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of financial and administrative reports for planning purposes.
- Perform specific project-cost forecast/budgets, cost tracks, monitoring, and control.
- Provide technical accounting support and interpretation to management and employees.
- Supervise the petty cash by making sure cost is given against approved payments and keeping cash on the approval level.
- Overview Petty cash handling process.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Proven accounting experience up to 3 years.
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and principles.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills and attention to details and deadlines.
- Effective time management skills, organizational skills.
- Proactive problem-solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Good MS Office skills, particularly in MS excel.