- We are looking for a Chef to join our team and prepare delicious meals for our customers.
- This is an employer sponsored working visa position to Australia.
- If you are an experienced chef who can plan, organize, prepare and cook high-quality dishes, we'd like to meet you!
- You should be able to create menus and dishes based on seasonality, availability of produce, modern s, and for regular clientele. Responsibility for sanitation regulation is a must. Experience with advanced cooking techniques, complex sauces, and making all components from base ingredients is important. A good understanding of ingredient costing is important. Lastly, if you are able to work in a committed and pleasant team environment and want to travel to Australia we are very interested in your skills.
- This position is located in sunny Sydney, Australia.
- The successful candidate will be sponsored by the employer and fully assisted in the application process. Sydney is a wonderful location to work and live, it is a modern city which is currently ranked in the top 10 in the world for livability.
- The position is for 4 years with the to apply for permanent residency.
Food and Presentation:
- Prepare all components and ingredients required for the menu.
- Ensure all required ingredients are ordered, and available.
- Prepare dishes quickly, consistently and accurately - presentation and taste should have "wow factor".
- Prepare all salads, sauces, dips, bakes, pastries, stocks, etc. sold and used in the grocery department of the supermarket.
- Generate and prepare a catering menu suitable to the local area and clientele.
- Ensure takeaway products are packaged correctly, and presented to the highest standards.
- Ensure that packaging materials are always at hand, and correct food safety requirements for the products are applied in packaging.
- Create and prepare marinated meats and meals for the supermarket as agreed with owners.
- Prepare and deliver and packaged products to other stores owned by the group.
Staff and Customer Service
- Maintain a high level of customer service while ensuring that customers 'complaints are resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
- Influence the training, standards, and conduct of all team members impacted by your work.
- Train staff and ensure they deliver outstanding promotion and tasting for products made.
- Effectively communicate key information to team members including marketing team.
Food Safety, Stock and Compliance
- Ensure that proper security processes and procedures are implemented and maintained for the department
- Ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) policy and procedure (including manual handling, ergonomics)
- Ensure the kitchen is consistently clean, maintained and well stocked 365 days per year.
- Communicate on stock requirements and sales performance of stock sold.
- Respond to seasonal, festive and social changes that will affect stock levels due to fluctuations in customer demand.
- Obtain Australian food safety certification.
- Conduct al meetings with directors once a week and informal meetings as required with deli and supermarket managers to be involved.
- Monitor and authorize relevant store paperwork
- Liaise with suppliers as required.
- Ensure that all business assets are secured and maintained with own staff or service supply agreements, this includes but not limited to ovens, slicers, rangehood, refrigeration, delivery van etc...
- Ensure that all meal/menu advertising requirements and deadlines are met, all externally displayed price promotions are changed weekly, specials are made based on product opportunities.
Key Performance Indicators
- High quality and fresh meals and ingredients.
- High cleanliness and hygiene practices.
- Weekly specials depending on season.
- Quarterly menu update.
- Customer Service Feedback.
- Maintain and improve menu range items.
- Create and follow Standard Operating Procedures for kitchen.
- External Council Food Safety Result "Excellent"
- Employee feedback
- Minimum 3 years' experience as chef
- Minimum 5 years' experience in kitchen
- Good level of English language
- Excellent team work with waiting staff, and management
- Self-motivated, working with minimal supervision
- Food safety trained
- Success criteria for the role includes: Outstanding cooking skills, real creativity when it comes to food, an ability to create menus that are innovative and profitable, a deep understanding of ingredients and produce, the capacity to work under extreme pressure, management and leadership skills.
- The process includes: initial online application herein, followed by online English language and work skills testing. If these tests are successfully completed, the interview process will commence over three parts. A local work trial will be required prior to al visa application. There will be many opportunities to ask questions during the process.
- Other:This position description serves to outline the responsibilities of this position. There may be some variations that may arise as directed by Store Owner. Team members holding this position may perform functions and demonstrate competencies of similar graded jobs and/or lower graded jobs, as required. This position description may change from time to time with business strategy or at the discretion of the Owner.