Deputy Field Coordinator is Needed
لبنان - صيدا
|المكان||لبنان - صيدا|
|نوع الوظيفة||Full Time|
|المؤهل التعليمي||Bachelor's or Master degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences Education degree|
1- General Objective
The Deputy Field Coordinator ensures at a base level the effective implementation and coordination of PU-AMI's program in Beirut, Mount Lebanon, and South Lebanon, targeting the Syrian crisis-affected populations (refugees and host communities). S/he is also responsible for representation on technical topics by humanitarian stakeholders at a local level and in charge of proper reporting to the donors supporting the Program.
Role And Responsibilities
- Under the supervision and line management of the Field Coordinator, the Deputy Field Coordinator is responsible at base level for the direct supervision of the Programs being implemented in the Base, more specifically, Shelter, Protection and Food Security and Livelihoods.
- Programs: S/he coordinates the project teams and ensures that operational and qualitative aspects of the programs are put into practice properly (monitoring of objectives, respecting due dates of reporting and budgetary provisions, quality control, synergy of the teams) according to the contractual documents and in line with PU-AMI policies and procedures. This includes the management of the MEAL department.
- Representation: S/he participates in the technical forums (Working Groups) at the local level.
- Human Resources: S/he is the direct line manager of the Project Managers and of the Referral Officer(s) in this base and ensures that appropriate support and capacity building is brought to the managers of the programs the Referral Officer(s).
- Logistics and Administration: S/he oversees the logistics and administrative duties of the projects with the support of the Logistic Department.
- Strategy: S/he ensures that the programs developed are in line with PU-AMI mandate and strategy, and proposes new interventions according to the evolution of the humanitarian situation in the region.
Specific Objective And Ed Activities
- 1. Manage The Programs Department Operational And Qualitative Development
- Guide all the Managers under his/her direct responsibility in achieving project objectives, guarantee the quality of the work is done and respect reporting and implementation timelines;
- Provide regular updates of the Program implementation activities and performance to the Field Coordinator;
- Alert the Field Coordinator in cases where delays in carrying out programs have been identified and suggests adjustments (in terms of activities, operation area, budget, schedule etc.);
- Identify, assess and analyze needs with the Project Managers and the field teams and make suggestions and recommendations to the Field Coordinator, of Mission and Deputy of Mission to improve the quality of activities;
- Ensure supervision and close teamwork among the Project Managers in relation to the proper implementation of activities;
- Monitor that the administrative, logistics and technical procedures ed with the projects are observed by the teams;
- Analyze the logistics and administrative needs for the projects as identified by the Logistician and the Administrator and ensure support services for program implementation are operating effectively;
- Support the Project Managers with the analysis of budget follow-ups;
- Ensure that project teams' practices respect PU-AMI's procedures and ats and are in compliance with the PU-AMI's operational policy;
- Support in monthly reviews of the Financial Follows up (FFU) process when requested.
2. Management Of Human Resources At Project Level
- Be the direct line manager of Project Managers in the Program Department and of the Referral Officer(s);
- Ensure adherence to PU-AMI staff regulations and HR policies (Anti-corruption and Policies);
- Identify gaps and needs in terms of project management, and provide support and on-job training to the Project Managers in regards to budget management, report writing, monitoring and evaluation systems, representation,etc.;
- Participate in the recruitment of Project Managers and Referral Officer(s), and upon request, participate in the recruitment of other key project staff;
- Make sure that technical guidelines validated at the coordination level are well implemented by projects teams;
- Conduct regularly the appraisals of the Project Managers and Referral Officer(s);
- Organize project meetings when needed, minutes reporting, team communication, and team building.
3. Monitoring, Evaluation, And Reporting
- Submit monthly situation report to Field Coordinator and ensure proper submission of monthly reports by the Project Managers;
- Support the Project Managers to develop appropriate reporting tools and submit them on a regular basis;
- Under the technical supervision of the Field Coordinator, ensure effective and timely data lection related to the indicators listed in the log frames;
- Report to the Field Coordinator on meetings, project activities, and any other relevant information;
- Coordinate at a base level the preparation of intermediate and final reports to the donors by the Project Managers and review all reports before submission to the Field of Technical Coordinators;
- Develop, coordinate and update on a monthly basis the Project Monitoring Tool (PMT) in coordination with project managers;
- Work closely with the Field Coordinator and Technical Coordinators to develop high-quality funding applications that are needs-based and evidence-driven and include s from PU-AMI technical teams and Technical Coordinators and all involved external stakeholders (targeted communities, potential partners, government authorities,etc.);
- Collaborate with the Field Coordinator and the MEAL Coordinator to ensure the development of strong needs and impact analysis processes, including needs assessments, risks analysis, relevant SMART outcomes indicators and adequate sources of verification, and impact evaluation reports.
4. Representation At Field Level In Technical Forums
- Under the guidance of the Field Coordinator, and in coordination with the Technical Coordinator, participate in the relevant Working Groups and another coordination forum;
- Liaise with partners at field level about the technical approaches developed and potential partnership;
- Initiate at field level technical discussion with other humanitarian stakeholders in order to develop technical advocacy for the development and implementation of relevant technical approaches to address optimally the humanitarian needs.
- 4 Work in collaboration with(not exhaustive): Technical Coordinators, and Deputy of Mission Program, and Humanitarian Affairs Manager
- 4 Indirectly manage(not exhaustive): Team Leaders, Quality Assurance Advisor, Social Workers, Field Officers.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project's needs.
Priorities Of The Department
Focus on the 4 priority activities relative to the context of the mission
- Reinforce the capacity in Project Cycle Management of the Project Managers (with a focus on planning and reporting);
- Propose needs and gaps analysis along with field assessments, to the Deputy of Mission and the Field Coordinator;
- Improve coordination with other actors and contribute actively to the identification of partners;
- Improve the overall performance of the referral system.
Education: Bachelor's or Master degree in a field related to Project Management, international development and/or social sciences Education degree
- Minimum of 3 years in the areas of program development, project management, donor reporting, and grant compliance;
- Successful experience in multidisciplinary team management.
- At least 2 years of Experience as a Humanitarian Project Manager
Knowledge and skills: Strong Knowledge of project management methodology and cycle; Preferable: Prior knowledge of the country/region an asset
Language skills: Excellent command in writing and editing documents in both languages: Arabic, English. French (is an Asset)
Computer skills: Pack Office (Strong computer skills essential, including the ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, database management software, statistical packages, GIS.)
- Work in relief, interest for social issues
- Astrongcommitmenttohumanitarianprincipleandthewillingnesstomakesurebeneficiaries'needsarecovered as best as the resources available allow.
- capacity to delegate and to supervise the work of a multidisciplinary team;
- Strong commitment to supporting/develop the capacity of national staff and developing second layer of leadership;
- Problem-solving and leadership skills;
- Proven management ability and inter-personal skills - team player;
- Ability to work on own initiative and collaboratively as part of a diverse team and manage a varied workload;
- Proven capacity for analyzing and synthesizing comprehensive information and technical data;
- Ability to write and edit reports under deadline pressure;
- Ability to guarantee effective and timely outputs;
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization;
- Strong ability to resist the stress;
- Important organization and rigor skills.