IDMANN Institute provides training in professional development and technology entrepreneurship through our lege of General Studies and the School of Experiential Learning, respectively. All our courses are offered online in live sessions with seasoned instructors. As the demand for our services has grown, we are looking to hire more Moodle instructors to introduce and train teachers in the use of the Moodle LMS. Our Online Teacher Preparation Practicum (OTPP) provides teachers with hands-on experience on how to set up and manage online classes given the changing educational landscape confronting all teachers. This preparatory course is intended to equip teachers with all the tools they need to manage and deliver their material in online classes. Moodle is the platform used for this training experience. This is structured to be a 6-week preparatory course with classes taught via our in-house online platform.
Instructors will be expected to guide students through the online tutorial process as described in the course outline. Given the specific audience for the course, it is important that instructors have real-world experience that will engage and support the teacher-students as they begin their online teaching journey.
Students will expect to receive practical guidance and homework assignments that help them understand the practical aspects of teaching and delivering a complete online classroom experience. A practice server will be provided for the training. In addition, the instructor will be expected to give students assignments and test their proficiency on an ongoing basis.
The ideal instructor will have most, if not all of the following:
- First-hand training and experience deploying and using Moodle as an LMS. (Experience as an instructor on the use of Moodle or other LMS would be a distinct advantage.)
- Ability to develop training material that helps students to understand the various topics and modules in the curriculum.
- Ability to teach the various modules in a manner that makes them understandable and accessible, even enjoyable.
- Confirmed availability to teach during the evenings if needed.
- Access to reliable broadband internet connectivity and a functioning laptop or desktop to enable effective instruction.
- Prior (or current) experience as a teacher, instructor, or practice supervisor/manager.
- Prior experience teaching using an online platform. (Some training will be provided in the use of our specific conferencing platform which will be ed to Moodle.)
- Space from which to provide daily instruction to students, free of distraction or intrusion during class sessions.
Interested candidates must submit ALL of the following:
1) A cover letter that outlines their specific experience and how it relates to this position.
2) Expected all-inclusive compensation/rate for each hour of teaching.
3) A current resume.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will be deemed non-responsive.