Keewatin Air is seeking Flight Nurses to work in Canada
Location: Cambridge Bay, Churchill, Iqaluit, Rankin, Winnipeg, Yellowknife
The Flight Nurse would provide lifesaving emergent care in a variety of locations throughout the North. A successful candidate would be willing to provide expert care as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an Aircraft and clinic setting. Candidates should have a willingness to operate independently in remote or austere environments with limited external support services and have the ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances. To work for Keewatin is to immerse yourself in a world of diversity.
- Graduation from an accredited/recognized diploma or degree program in health care or an equivalent combination of advanced training and experience that provides the necessary theoretical and clinical skills to perform at the level of Registered Nurse
- 2 years’ experience as either Emergency care or Critical care Nurse preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), preferred
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP), preferred
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), preferred
About the Company:
With bases in Manitoba and Nunavut, we provide the very best air medical and ground support flight services in Northern Canada. We are one of the most comprehensive aeromedical organizations in Canada, providing extensive 24-hour emergency air ambulance service. Our all-inclusive Air Medical Program is delivered by a dedicated team of professional Flight Nurses and Respiratory Therapists. Our team is dedicated and passionate about bringing first-class health and emergency services to Canada’s beautiful and challenging Arctic region. Keewatin Air LP transports over 3,500 patients and flies over 3.3 million medevac miles annually. Whether it is transporting patients from a remote northern setting or from hospital to hospital, our trained teams of professionals ensure that every aspect of each transport receives the attention to detail required.
Job Type: Full-time