Assisting 91.4 million people in 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
As the international community has committed to ending hunger, achieve food security, and improved nutrition by 2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
In Lebanon, WFP works to support approximately 700,000 people with regular assistance using e-cards. WFP also supports Lebanese schools with school meals and has run over 300 development activities which include supporting rural infrastructure, as well as education and training opportunities for vulnerable individuals in families. WFP also supports Lebanon’s National Poverty Targeting Program (NPTP).
To know more about WFP’s mission, please check the below video:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Join us to make a difference
Watch this video to know more about WFP; the 2020 NOBEL PEACE PRIZE LAUREATE!!
Follow @WFP_Careers on Twitter
Programme Assistant (NPTP) SC 5 - Multiple Posts (Beirut, Zahle and Qobayat Field Offices)
To ensure activities related to WFP’s social protection (SP) program scale-up and related work in support of the forthcoming larger expansion of safety nets in Lebanon – under the Emergency Social Safety Net (ESSN) program of the Government of Lebanon – are undertaken within the agreed timeline and properly coordinated with relevant units within the Lebanon Country Office and the Field Offices.
Completion of secondary school education. University degree (Bachelor’s degree) in social sciences, (i.e., economics, community/economic development) public relations, or other related fields is an advantage
At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience with at least three (3) years of experience in the field of development programming, humanitarian assistance, refugee operation, program administration, government work, or related fields.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English. Knowledge of the French language is added advantage.
The successful candidate shall have:
- Experience in program implementation especially with vulnerable Lebanese population groups
- Ability to facilitate discussions and coordinate tasks with multiple field stakeholders
- Effective communication skills for a diverse audience of internal and external actors
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to maintain regular, well organized, and accurate records
- Proficient in MS Office tools (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint), internet search, and mapping software
- Hands-on experience in WFP, Government, or large NGO programming is a plus
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer (Deputy Head of Field Office) in the WFP Field Office and overall guidance of the Head of Social Protection (SP) Unit in the WFP Country Office, the Programme Assistants’ tasks involve the following:
- Act as field focal point in liaising with Government partners and WFP cooperating partners (CPs) focal point in the overall field supervision of the ongoing scale-up of the national social protection programme supported by WFP, the National Poverty Targeting Program (NPTP), as well as future other programmes including the forthcoming ESSN of the Government of Lebanon;
- Coordinate distribution schedules and related logistics affairs with other program assistants to ensure no overlapping with the distribution of other programs.
- Regularly follow-up with relevant stakeholder (internal and external) to ensure work plans for NPTP verification, other social protection programs, and cards/PINs distributions are undertaken on time;
- Support supervision of data collection, verification, and quality control of social protection programme operations in close collaboration with Government and WFP cooperating partners, to ensure that the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Provide regular updates and field mission reports to the WFP FO and SP Unit on the status of verification/data collection, distributions, and other relevant programme activities;
- Maintain records of plans and documentation of progress in implementation of NPTP scale-up activities;
- Ensure cards/PINs reconciliation reports are complete and submitted in a timely manner for activation, in coordination with relevant units;
- Support with the training for the development and high performance of CPs field staff and social workers for household verification, cards/PINS distribution, and use of communication tools for beneficiaries;
- Immediately raise any issues or bottlenecks in the implementation of activities for appropriate action, including feedback received from beneficiaries or partners in the field;
- Prepare comprehensive field mission reports to document programme activities implementation.
- Report feedback received from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, Government partners, and others to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering more effective operations;
- Ensure that relevant guidelines and procedures are followed in NPTP field level activities; and
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Terms and conditions:
- This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates ONLY
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
The Programme Assistant will be contracted for an initial term of 12 months. The contract may be extended based on business needs and satisfactory performance.
- WFP offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Attractive salary in accordance with industry standards
- Medical coverage for employee and dependents
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Variety of leave entitlements, incl. 30 days annual leave/year, maternity/paternity leave,
and special leave arrangements.
This Vacancy Announcement will close on 03 March 2021 at 11:59 PM, Rome Time.