The position will be based in one of the following duty stations: Tripoli or Qobayat or Beirut Field Office. The incumbent will report to the Program Assistant under the Supervision of the Program Policy Officer (Deputy Head of Field Office) in the respective WFP Field Office.
The incumbent will support activities related to the Emergency social safety nets (ESSN) project and will support WFP in other Direct Food Assistance and Emergency Response Programmes such as and not limited to: Cash Based Transfers, Direct Food Assistance (In-Kind Distribution), Accountability to Affected Population (AAP), and ensure they are undertaken within the agreed timelines and coordinated properly with relevant parties internally and externally, as required. The incumbent is expected to travel within the service areas of the respective location.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Program Assistant and Programme Policy Officer (Deputy Head of Office in the field office), and the overall guidance of the Head of Field Office, the Field Monitoring Assistant (FMA) will be responsible for the following duties:
• Support the Social Protection Unit (SPU) in the overall implementation of the ESSN, specifically the verification and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) components of the project.
• Support the PA in overseeing the data collection process for the ESSN verification and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) by third-party firms
• Support the establishment of a functional verification system for the ESSN through the development of appropriate and clear SOPs and communication mechanisms to strengthen the implementation of the ESSN and ensure high quality standards of the verification process.
• Support the implementation of capacity building activities and training programmes for the Government’s partners at the regional level involved in the implementation of the ESSN verification and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM).
• Assist the PA in coordinating with WFP cooperating partners, other local and international NGOs, municipalities, and local authorities on all aspects related to the implementation of the ESSN project.
• Support the delivery of timely and accurate corporate and donor reports related to the ESSN project and activities.
• Draft reports and other notes for the record to document the implementation of project’s activities.
• Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in Social Sciences, Business, Economics, Political Science and/or International Development.
Experience: At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of data collection / analysis and at least one (1) year of experience in the humanitarian field including in development programming, humanitarian assistance, programme administration, social protection, livelihoods, or other related fields.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is an advantage.