As our DevOps Engineer, you’re going to be chiefly responsible for developing, managing, and monitoring the application and development infrastructure of our organisation, as well as that of our clients’. You’re also going to be chiefly responsible for setting up and maintaining any related projects that support your DevOps zone.
The ideal DevOps Engineer that we’re looking for is someone who already has experience in the DevOps field, as well as in managing databases such as Postgres, SQL, MariaDB, and MySQL.
This is a challenging role and JAYPAY is a fast paced company, therefore, if you have DevOps Engineering experience and are looking for a rewarding new challenge, please continue to read on.
Key responsibilities as a DevOps Engineer
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Analysing current technologies which are utilised within JAYPAY. You’ll then have to develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them.
- Establishing milestones for necessary contributions from the Development Team. You’ll also have to develop processes to facilitate their collaboration.
- Assisting the team of JAYPAY developers when it comes to creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team and stakeholders,
- Providing detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary.
- Providing clear goals for all areas of a project and developing steps to oversee their timely execution.
- Work alongside our Project Management Team so that you can successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives.
- Creating, managing, monitoring, troubleshooting, and building our cloud and software systems to support the development environment.
- Carrying out complete configuration management.
- Database administration, which will mean you have to create and maintain databases such as Postgres, SQL, MySql, MariaDB etc.
- Working with CI/ CD tools.
- Identifying and exploring new best practices and technologies to further our goal of global domination in the brand, marketing, and development space.
- Automating processes and creating documentation for any processes you have automated or manage.
- Supporting the Development team throughout the complete software development lifecycle