- EnCompass LLC was recently awarded the Monitoring and Evaluation Program for Lebanon (MEPL) contract to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) mission in Lebanon to supplement the monitoring and program management efforts of USAID/Lebanon staff, and to verify, monitor, and support USAID program performance in Lebanon.
- EnCompass, our subcontractor Management Systems International (MSI), and other local partners implement a comprehensive performance measurement, evaluation, learning, and reporting system to assess USAID Lebanon’s performance in achieving its objectives to provide technical and advisory services to support the mission’s program portfolio.
- The Accountant will serve as the main point of contact for accounting, invoicing, and coding of expenditures to support project activities, working closely with the project’s Deputy Chief of Party and the EnCompass Home Office Finance Team.
- The Accountant will play a pivotal role in assuring adherence to financial policies, activity policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems.
- The Accountant will provide accounting and financial analysis support to the MEPL activity team and will ensure submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines.
- This position will ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions and will be responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready, and troubleshooting accounting issues.
- The individual is also responsible for cash flow analyses, and the overall financial well-being of the MEPL activity.
- This position is based in Beirut, Lebanon.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares vendor and payroll tax forms and ensure these are submitted in a timely manner
- Prepares and submits monthly reconciliation reports for review
- Monitors and reports on partner/vendor payment schedules and obligations
- Assists in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirements (if applicable)
- Conducts daily reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with EnCompass’ regulations
- Ensures backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines
- Ensures that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with the Lebanese Tax Code; activity internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with EnCompass policies, USAID rules/regulations, and the terms of the contract
- Initiates wire requests for field activity implementation, as required
- Verifies vendor invoices for accuracy
- Verifies accuracy of expenses, and activity accounting codes
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitors bank account balances
- Compiles backup documentation for all activity related transactions, and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented
- Responsible for maintaining file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation
- Ensures that taxes are paid, tracked, recorded, and reported to Lebanese tax authorities and USAID
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or related discipline
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: finance, procurement, accounting, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of a similar contract size
- Knowledge of US Government financial reporting and compliance processes and requirements
- Experience in supporting donor funded procurements and subcontracts desirable
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs preferred
- Demonstrated report writing skills in English is required
- Computer literate with e-mail and word processing. Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks and work as part of a team
- Superior skills in written and verbal English required
- Proficiency in Arabic is desirable